Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Blue or Turquoise?

I had some good feedback on the Lake Placid Blue guitar that I put together earlier in the year.  Ultimately I sold the guitar as it wasn't close enough to the colour I was looking for.

I have since done some research on how to achieve an authentic look using blue, and discovered that I am favoring Ocean Turquoise such as the examples from the Fender Custom shop shown here (though they look pretty close to Lake Placid Blue to me?)


Having said that when I have shown these pics to Fender dealers they suspect these are actually custom colours that have been specially mixed to emulate how Ocean Turquoise would have aged over 40 years.  They look nothing like a new Ocean Turquoise guitar.

The search for the perfect 'blue' continues.

1 comment:

  1. That tele on the left is a real beauty. Love it. You're right though, blue is a real hit and miss colour when it comes to guitars! Tortoise pickguards really set them off (I got tortoise pickguard and trem cover in the post today for my sunburst strat).

    ReplyDelete